Wednesday, June 2, 2010

May showers bring vegetarian restaurants

I realize most of my blogs can be in the negative. Bad shit seems to happen to me more than most, and it is usually funny. I almost die everyday, be it falling down in a miniscule slope in my backyard and twisting my ankle facedown in a two inch puddle of hose water that I didn't put away....getting sunburned to death at an auction...whatever. So I watched a fabulous movie last night called Julie and Julia. Having read bothe books and owning Julia Childs memoirs I starrted to wish I could write like that and get sent food by mail and commiserate my kitchen failings...they are few and far between I might add...and take on a worthy project like that. I know some people don't think that cooking all the recipes in a cookbook constitutes achieving anything but her recipes sometimes have more than 30 ingredients in them!!!and take 2 days to prepare. When was the last time you spent that kind of time and effort on your guests? For me, it's like every other week but I am the exception to the rule. I devour cookbooks. I love to read old ones where the margins are written in with tips and do's and don'ts, new fresh smelling just waiting to be smeared with something you've just made from that new recipe. I love to cook, and that's why I'm announcing it here that I am going to open a restaurant. A vegetarian restaurant in he middle of farm country, surrounded by old fashioned meat and potato people. I'm crazy and hungry and can't wait and as soon as I figure out how to put a countdown button on this thing I willpost that too and you can be a part of my journey. Whoever you are.....

No comments:

Post a Comment