Friday, August 27, 2010

The Giving Tree


I suspect most of you if asked to describe me in one word wouldn't say generous. I think you would say funny or maybe foodie but possibly mean or selfish could creep in there depending on who you are and what I've done to you. I don't have a problem with any of those words. In fact I would say mean tops the list but I like to think it goes hand in hand with funny, some might then change their word to bully and well I might have to agree with you but then I'm going to come find you and beat you up! Actually I think I'm a generous person. I freely give my time, food, money, love & possessions to many. Do I expect anything in return? Usually. Does that make me an Indian giver...so not politically correct to say that anymore I'm sure... or do I just want to be assured that I'm not being taken for granted. I'll go with the latter. But on the topic of being generous I would like to point out a great site that allows you to give while still maintaining your Scrooge like status. It's called isearchigive and it's the new to me site of googling while donating to a listed charity of your choice. While searching the internet for your favourite youtube video or that article you missed in the paper, you are donating a penny for every search this website conducts on your behalf. A penny you say, bah humbug. But let's be honest, Scrooge didn't get rich picking up pennies and storing them in that big glass bottle of whisky you drank in Cuba, but if he searched the internet say 10 to 20 times a day to find new clients to steal from, he would have donated $73.00 bucks to his charity without any hardship on his wallet. Can you think of a better way to feel good about yourself and maintain your image of penny pinching bottom feeder? Now get out there and change your homepage and start giving back.

I like to give to my friend Julies' animal rescue group, Atlantic Small Dog Rescue
 or just type in the name of a charity or keywords to find someone worthy of your pennies
http://www.isearchigive.com/

1 comment:

  1. Generous is your middle name (hyphenated with funnie-foodie).

    ReplyDelete